- Listen without interrupting. (Proverbs 1:8 Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.)
Speak without accusing. (James 1:9 The brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position.)
- Give without sparing. (Proverbs 21:26 All day long he craves for more, but the righteous give without sparing.)
- Pray without ceasing. (Colossians 1:9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives.)
- Answer without arguing. (Proverbs 17:1 Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife.)
- Share without pretending. (Ephesians 4:15 Until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
- Enjoy without complaint. (Phillipians 2:14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing.)
- Trust without wavering. (Corinthians 13:7 It (love) always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.)
- Prove without punishing. (Colossians 3:13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.)
- Promise without forgetting. (Proverbs 13:17 A wicked messenger falls into trouble, but a trustworthy envoy brings healing.)
All Bible verses are taken from the New International Version.
Do you love like this? Let’s all look at ourselves and examine how we love those around us.
Can we improve? Do we want to love like this?
Let’s all strive to love in these 10 ways!